Digital Services at Uppsala University
The Division for University IT Services (UIT) collaborates with the university administration to offer a wide range of services, digital systems and other IT solutions to Uppsala University employees and others.
The majority of services are available to all staff through the IT fee, while some services involve an additional cost based on the needs of your activities. Select a service or category below for more information.
✚ = the service may incur an extra cost, read more about prices by clicking the link.
YOUR COMPUTER WORKSTATION
• Connect to fixed and wireless networks
IT SECURITY & DIGITAL IDENTITY
• Manage personal certificates
• Adato – Rehabilitation support
• All about your email and calendar
• All about landline and mobile telephony ✚
• Inspera – E-exam (digital examinations)
• ELN (LabNotes) – Electronic lab journals ✚
UIT offers a range of additional services such as extended storage, server operation, backup and consultancy services, etc. Some services are chargeable services, while others are not. Anyone ordering a chargeable service will need to provide order code, project code, ALF number or equivalent for billing purposes. The services listed below represent what UIT provides during 2020-2022. The range of services is being continuously developed and information on new services is published on an ongoing basis. A complete list of UIT's chargeable additional services is available here.
• Central data storage (Argos) ✚
• Database hosting ✚
• SNIC – Large-scale computing and storage resources
• Application operation ✚ (coming soon)
Specialist services mean that you can engage the University's IT specialists according to your needs. Specialist services in IT consist of a range and breadth of consultancy services. If you decide to use the University's own IT specialists, you do not need to engage external staff.
→ Find current prices, ordering procedure and other information here.
EXTENDED ON-SITE SUPPORT ✚
Extended "On-site Support" beyond what is included in the IT fee (Tariff 1)
• Support for AV technology
• Support for computer rooms
• Support for functional computers
ADMINISTRATION, OPERATION & DEVELOPMENT OF IT SYSTEMS ✚
IT expertise according to specific requirements (Tariff 2)
• Needs and requirements analysis
• Operation, monitoring and upgrading of server, instrument or application
• Systems development
• Technical system administration
• Testing and troubleshooting
DEVELOPMENT & MANAGEMENT ✚
Specialist skills for advanced assignments (Tariff 3)
• Application management
• Systems development
• Project and programme management
• External IT consultant (framework contract)
If you have any questions, please contact IT Support.