Registration and course start information for autumn 2021
For the 2021 autumn semester, it will no longer be possible to provide information about registration and the start of courses in the Student Portal. Instead, admission decisions will refer admitted applicants to the new student gateway www.uu.se/student for this information. This is where general information will be posted about activating student accounts, registration, conditional admission and admission from waiting lists.
New students may have to wait a couple of days after receiving their admission decision before activating their student account. This is because the admission information has to be transferred from the Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR) to Ladok.
The transfer of information will begin on 29 July. You will find advice in the Staff Portal on how to formulate information for students about course registration and applying for a student account. There you can also see the general message sent with the admission decision. The timetables for the admissions rounds are also posted there.
Registration information in the new student gateway
Departments will be able to provide information about procedures for their courses and programmes on the department page in the student gateway www.uu.se/student. Admitted applicants who log in will see automatically generated links to the departments giving the courses to which they have been admitted. Those who do not log in can search for their department on the page. Admitted students and conditionally admitted students who have activated their student account can log in to Studium.
If more specific information is needed for a course or programme than is given on the department page in the student gateway, it can be provided in Studium. There are standard texts in the Staff Portal showing examples of information that students may need. The information is intended for admitted applicants, conditionally admitted applicants and applicants placed on a waiting list, and it is important that it is clear which information refers to which category.
Registration information in the course catalogue
The student gateway will also contain a list of programmes with links to the programme pages in the course catalogue. From 1 July, it will be possible to display brief information about the start of programmes and registration on the programme pages. The information is entered using a new field in Selma.
For courses, the registration period will be taken from Selma and displayed on the course pages. If no registration periods have been entered in Selma, a request to contact the department will be displayed instead. We encourage everyone to post information about registration in good time. Depending on which course or programme is involved and where the information is coming from (department, programme, etc.) you can use one of the following approaches:
Information from the department:
- How does the registration process work? If the procedures are the same for the whole department, you can post this information on the department pages in the student gateway www.uu.se/student. Bear in mind in particular those whose admission is conditional and who cannot register in Ladok.
- State on the department page in the student gateway www.uu.se/student whether your teaching arrangements are specially adapted because of the coronavirus.
- When and how are applicants on a waiting list offered a place? The starting and ending dates for offering waiting list applicants a place can be entered in NyA web and displayed to waiting list applicants on antagning.se.
- Who do students contact at the department if they have any questions?
- Office hours – especially during the summer.
In addition, specifically for programmes:
- Enter brief information about the start of programmes and registration on the programme pages in the course catalogue. The information is entered using a new field in Selma.
In addition, for courses:
- If more specific information is needed for a course than is given on the department page in the student gateway, it can be published at course level in Studium.
Recommendations and suggestions for registration procedures:
- Use course registration via Ladok if possible.
- Enter registration information in Selma before the second selection round is completed, i.e. before 30 July.
- If you believe it will be necessary to offer places to waiting list applicants, it is advisable to close course registration a few days before the course starts.
- Adapt the registration information so that late admission students and students admitted from a waiting list can understand it, if there are any such students on the course.
- Make sure teachers understand that registration is mandatory.
Apart from questions about registration and the start of courses, many other questions come in throughout the summer from beginning and current students. It is therefore important that you have a contact address that students can reach during the summer and that the department page on www.uu.se/student makes it clear how students can contact someone during the summer holidays.
The Student Affairs and Academic Registry Division has staff on duty all summer so if you have any questions or would like advice you are welcome to contact us. If you have any questions about the new student gateway at www.uu.se/student, you can email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be forwarded to the right place. Besides the contact channels you provide, students can get in touch with email@example.com.
Further information and support
The first version of the student gateway – www.uu.se/student – will be launched on 1 July 2021.