Regarding IT Orders around the Holidays
University IT Services (UIT) will happily handle your orders for IT equipment. Through favourable agreements, UIT has the opportunity to stock a good selection of standard IT equipment with our suppliers and can often deliver computers and peripherals without delay.
However, deliveries and installation assistance may require some extra time during the coming holidays. If you need to receive IT equipment before or immediately following the holidays, your orders need to come in as soon as possible.
- Orders for IT equipment needed before the holidays must be placed no later than November 5th.
- For equipment needed immediately after the holidays, order placed before November 5 will have the best chance to be delivered on time.
- Please note that for orders placed after November 20, invoices may be dated for 2023.
Having difficulty choosing the right equipment?
UIT has compiled a list of recommended IT equipment. Orders from the list are more likely to be delivered promptly at short notice. All of the IT equipment on the recommended list is carefully selected to be cost-effective, durable, secure and easy to use for all employees at the university. In addition, all recommended computers are client-managed on delivery, which means that users can let go of questions about programs and licensing, security settings and updates. Client management will also assist your department administration in inventory and lifecycle management och IT equipment – a good solution for everyone!
- You can find our list of recommended IT equipment here (English translation is coming).
- Read more about client management here.
If you have any questions, please contact IT Support.