Innovation and collaboration support
Uppsala University is the engine in Uppsala innovation ecosystem, where researchers and students from all over the world gather to create solutions to global challenges for a brighter future. Innovation and collaboration with the surrounding society enables the academic knowledge base to make an impact and be of use in society, while also providing new inspiration for education and research.
Uppsala University provides robust and broad support for researchers on matters concerning collaborations with external actors and value creation from ideas and research outcomes.
- Establish collaboration with external organisations
- The Innovation partnership office (UU Samverkan) offers various opportunities for you to come in contact with potential partners outside of academia. You can get help in finding funding opportunities for collaborative projects, honing your application, designing your collaborative project and formulating proper agreements.
- Explore, evaluate and develop the potential of your idea or research results
- At UU Innovation, we support students, researchers and employees at Uppsala University who want to develop an idea or create impact from research outcomes. Our support is free and covers coaching, intellectual property rights, funding and networking. You don't have to apply for our support. In addition, it's tailor-made for you so that you can continue with your research while developing your idea.
Uppsala University's strategic partnerships
Uppsala University has established partnerships with a number of large companies and public organisations with the aim to create long-term collaboration for mutual development and to enrich the university's research and education.
Uppsala University Invest AB (UU Invest)
With UU Invest university-related startups receive access to seed capital, a network of private and institutional investors as well as a bridge between early and later stage investors. UU Invest is an evergreen business that partners with researchers and students to help develop their projects and commercialise their ideas. Profits from successful exits are reinvested in new project and start-up companies.
Further support for ideas and businesses in the Uppsala region
- STUNS - the foundation for collaboration between the universities in Uppsala, industry, and the public sector.
- Uppsala Innovation Centre (UIC) - top-ranked university-associated business incubator