The University Board consists of 15 members including the chair. Eight of the members are appointed by the Swedish government. Photo: Magnus Hjalmarsson.2023-04-28
New members of the University Board
From 1 May 2023, the University Board (Konsistoriet) will have a number of new members. (Update in the article 4 May 2023.)
On 27 April 2023, the Swedish government appointed eight external members to the University Board for the next term of office, beginning 1 May 2023. The current chair of the University Board, Anne Ramberg, will continue as chair.
The University Board has fifteen members, eight of whom are appointed by the government. Three members are selected by an electoral process at the University and three members are chosen by the University’s students. The Vice-Chancellor is a permanent member of the University Board.
Members appointed by the government
Term of office 1 May 2023 until 30 September 2024.
- Board Chairman Casten Almqvist
- Children’s Ombudsman Elisabeth Dahlin (reappointment)
- Director-General Björn Eriksson (reappointment)
- Director-General Agneta Karlsson
- Professor Aarno Palotie (reappointment)
- Anne Ramberg, Member of the Swedish Bar Association (Chair of the University Board, reappointment)
- Professor Sven Stafström
- Managing Director Åsa Zetterberg
Representatives of the academic staff selected by the University’s electoral assembly
Term of office 1 May 2023 until 30 April 2026.
- Johan Elf (reappointment)
- Mia Phillipson
- Matts Olovsson, alternate member
- Maria Ågren
Update 4 May 4 2023
In a letter dated 28 April 28 2023 from the Swedish Association of Higher Education Institutions (SUHF), the Vice-Chancellors of Sweden's universities and university colleges have criticized the government's decision to shorten the terms of office for external members of the boards of state universities from three years to 17 months.