Clawback of agency capital
On 9 February 2022, the Disciplinary Domain Board of Humanities and Social Sciences decided on the clawback of agency capital surpluses.
The Disciplinary Domain Board of Humanities and Social Sciences applies the same rules as the University Board when it comes to agency capital surpluses. This means that half of the agency capital exceeding the following limits at the time of the annual accounts is clawed back from each faculty board:
- In education, the limit is 10 per cent of the capital.
- In research, the limit is 15 per cent of the capital.
- The limit for fee-financed operations is 10 per cent of revenue.
The Disciplinary Domain Board decided on the following clawbacks and allocations of clawed back capital:
Approximately SEK 10 million will be clawed back from the Faculty of Educational Sciences. The money will remain with the Disciplinary Domain Board for future allocation.
Just on SEK 1.5 million will be clawed back from the Faculty of Arts. The funds clawed back will be allocated to other faculties in proportion to the 2022 direct government funding allocations as set out below:
- Faculty of Educational Sciences SEK 128,000.
- Faculty of Law SEK 134,000
- Faculty of Languages SEK 284,000
- Faculty of Social Sciences SEK 782,000
- Faculty of Theology SEK 112,000.
SEK 340,000 will be clawed back from the Faculty of Law and approximately SEK 126,000 from the Faculty of Arts. The money will remain with the Disciplinary Domain Board for future allocation.
Reg. no.: HUMSAM 2022/1