Management of research data
Research generates and uses research data, and the development of scholarly methods combined with the rapid development of IT infrastructure has meant that the amount of data has increased and continues to increase. Both researchers and funding organisations demand greater opportunities for sharing and open access to research data. When research data is stored, managed, analysed, shared/made available and deleted/archived in the best possible way, this enables quality assurance of the research and creates resources and opportunities for new research.
To create a University-wide function, a Data Office, to support the need of research for knowledge about the management of research data, to coordinate offers on access to resources and systems for the management of research data and to communicate knowledge about the requirements within the field of research data to which the University is subject as a public authority.
- To collect and make available existing legislation, decisions, policy documents and agreements and to ensure that these are supplemented by a University-wide data management policy and other appropriate guidelines – for example, with respect to data management plans.
- To develop a Data Office/Help Desk that coordinates UU’s local work on functions of UU’s Data Access Unit (DAU) and competence node in the Swedish National Data Service (SND).
- To create a one-stop-shop website to support researchers’ need for data management.
- To create and make available a list of services (including descriptions of service levels) that are appropriate for managing research data.
- To educate researchers and support staff.
- To propose a model for long-term development and administration of the Data Office/Help Desk as well as any of the University’s own functions and systems for managing research data.
- To submit suggestions for a financial control model and management structure for research data management (storage/sharing/archiving).
Roles and responsibilities
Sponsor: Katarina Bjelke, University director
Project owner: Margaretha Andersson, Head of division at Research Support Division
Kristina Edström, Adviser to the Vice-Chancellor on Research Infrastructure (chair)
Torsten Svensson, Vice-rector
Karl Michaëlsson, Professor
Anna Qvarnström, Deputy Dean
Lars Burman, Library director
Margaretha Andersson, Head of division
Director of IT at Uppsala University
Mats Larhed, Deputy Vice-Rector, e-area manager for the e-administration portfolio for research administration
Stefan Eriksson, Adviser to the Vice-Chancellor on Good Research Practice
Johan Dixelius, Research Support Division
Frida Ringholm, Deputy legal officer at Legal Affairs Division
Pernilla Björk, Director of Communication
Fredrik Andersson, Senior administrative officer
Anders Alderborn, Head of the Research Support Unit at the Office for Medicine and Pharmacy
Ylva Bäcklund, Head of the Research Support Unit at the Office for Science and Technology.