Division audit of University Administration
The university director has taken the initiative to conduct a division audit of University Administration. A division audit involves a collegial review of the activities, and focuses on the divisions’ quality work and identifying areas of development.
Purpose of an audit
The purpose is to use collegial review to enhance quality, improve the activities, contribute to participation in development work, spread good examples, and increase knowledge about the activities.
When the audit is being conducted, the aim is for the division concerned to perceive the division audit as constructive and a source of development.
Model for the division audit
When developing a model of the audit, experiences and information were obtained from Umeå University and the University of Gothenburg, as well as from the external evaluation by the Division for Quality Enhancement at Uppsala University. The evaluation had many similarities to the evaluations performed to ensure and enhance the quality of research (Q&R) and of education (Model for programme evaluations at UU) at the University.
In the division audit, the collegial review is conducted by an audit group consisting of a head of division, an administrative director, a head of department, and an external member. As in evaluations of research and education, self-evaluation is a key component. The division’s work to write a self-evaluation is, in and of itself, a quality driver in that employees and managers together analyse strengths and weaknesses in their own activities. After an audit group has reviewed the self-evaluation, a site visit is conducted, at which time the audit group meets with all or part of the division for interviews over the course of a day.
Based on the self-evaluation and site visit, the audit group presents its observations in a brief report. The division then uses the audit group’s report as a basis for deciding which improvement work it wants to carry out. After six months, a follow-up is performed by the head of division presenting the improvement work to the university director and the administrative management group.
- Description of the model used for the division audit of University Administration, Uppsala University (swedish only)
Ongoing and planned division audits 2021
- Human Resources Division (pilot round)
- Auditgruppens rapport HR-avdelningen (pdf) swedish only
- Buildings Division VT 21,
- Auditgruppens rapport, byggnadsavdelningen (pdf) swedish only
- Division for Contract Education VT 21,
- Auditgruppens rapport, uppdragsutbildningen (pdf) swedish only
- Development Office HT 21,
- Auditgruppens rapport, Development Office (pdf) swedish only
- Division for Internationalisation VT 22
- Auditgruppens rapport, internationalisering (pdf) swedish only
- Planning Division VT 22.
- Auditgruppens rapport, planeringsavdelningen (pdf) swedish only
The reports from the audit groups will be published on this web page.
Maria Björnermark, Project Manager at the Division for Quality Enhancement, and Karolina Eldelind, Operations Development Officer at the Planning Division, are in charge of general planning and coordinating the execution of audits.