Revision of Uppsala University: Mission and Core Values
In autumn 2018, work began on the revision of the University’s overarching governance document – Uppsala University: Mission and Core Values. The current document was adopted by the University Board in 2014 and is now due for revision. Seven documents will become one, which will be anchored in the organisation before adoption by the University Board, hopefully in December 2019. The ongoing revision breaks new ground in several respects:
- Selected thematic areas – sustainable development, internationalisation, quality, equal opportunities, collaboration and Campus Gotland – will be integrated in a single, cohesive document.
- To a higher degree than in previous versions, the revision is being undertaken internally in the current management organisation.
- The document will incorporate University-wide research and education strategy considerations.
- The document will indicate more clearly the areas in which we want the University to move forward, and the actions that will be taken to achieve this.
The project will:
- Ensure that the proposed Mission and Core Values document:
- has a clear, communicable and appropriate structure and design;
- integrates the strategic programmes;
- integrates overarching research and education strategy considerations;
- reflects recommendations on development actions emerging from Q&R17.
- Ensure that the revised proposal is firmly anchored throughout the University.
- Clarify the link between the new Mission and Core Values document and standard planning and follow-up arrangements at the University.
Responsibilities and roles
Project owner: Vice-Chancellor Eva Åkesson.
Steering committee: the members of the Vice-Chancellor’s Management Council, chaired by the Vice-Chancellor.
Project Director: Deputy Vice-Chancellor Anders Malmberg.
Camilla Maandi, Division for Quality Enhancement, analyst
Tom Petersson, Planning Division, analyst
Marie Swanberg, Planning Division, secretary
Pernilla Björk, Division for Communication and External Relations, communications support
Anna Clemensson, Planning Division, project support