Charter and Code implementation project
The European Commission has recently approved the University’s application for Charter and Code affiliation. The purpose of the Charter and Code is to promote the development of an attractive, open and sustainable European labour market for researchers.
Uppsala University is the first major Swedish higher education institution to receive the ‘HR Excellence in Research’ stamp of quality. Luleå University of Technology, Jönköping University and Örebro University have all previously received the title.
The disctinction testifies that the University maintains high standards in its recruitment procedures and working conditions for researchers and teachers, and that we have pledged to keep developing in the areas that need to be improved. We pinpointed a number of measures that will now be implemented as part of the application we submitted to the EU. These include parallel language use and enhanced career support, as well as development activities that the University has already launched in some areas.
The implementation project will take two years, with completion expected in February 2021.
The project will:
- Implement the measures listed in the action plan sent to the EU by the University;
- Produce a plan for continued work on Charter and Code once the implementation project is complete;
- Successfully implement the first evaluation of the implementation project.
- Eva Åkesson, Vice-Chancellor, Chair
- Stellan Sandler, Vice-Rector, Medicine and Pharmacy
- Torsten Svensson, Vice-Rector, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Johan Tysk, Vice-Rector, Science and Technology
- Åsa Kettis, Head of Division, Quality and Evaluation Unit
- Eliane Forsse, HR Director
- Student representative
- Junior Faculty
- UU Postdoc Association
- Doctoral Board
- Also a broad reference group consisting of employees from various scientific fields and the administration.
- Karin Borner, Project manager, HR Division
- Linn Hellerstedt, Secretary, HR Division
- Julia Ternhag, Office for Science and Technology
- Magnus Ödman, Office for Humanities and Social Sciences
- Oskar Fahlén Godö, Office for Medicine and Pharmacy
- Urban Lindberg, Communications Division
- Rabbe Hedengren, Quality and Evaluation Unit
- Eva Söderman, Student Affairs and Academic Registry Division
- Where necessary, the Adviser to the Vice-Chancellor on Equal Opportunities and an Equal Opportunities Specialist also participate.
Project manager: Karin Borner
For any questions, contact: Karin.Borner@uadm.uu.se