The Academic Collaboration Chile - Sweden (ACCESS)
Academic Collaboration Chile Sweden (ACCESS) is a collaborative platform consisting of eight Swedish universities and seven Chilean universities. Together we promote and facilitate academic collaboration between Chile and Sweden. The platform aims to increase research collaboration between Sweden and Chile. ACCESS was mentioned as a high-priority project during the Chilean State Visit to Sweden in May 2016.
The collaboration centres around the following focus areas:
- The UN Sustainability Development Goal 3: Good Health and Well-Being.
- The UN Sustainability Development Goal 11: Sustainable cities and Communities.
- The UN Sustainability Development Goal 15: Life on land
- The UN Sustainability Development Goal 14: Life under water
- The UN Sustainability Development Goal 16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
What does ACCESS offer?
Through the ACCESS platform, a possibility is given to identify and collectively discuss solutions on common challenges for both Chile and Sweden. Every year a bilateral research seminar is held (every second year in Sweden and every second year in Chile) where workshops are organised with connection to the focus areas mentioned above. The goal is to facilitate a creative dialogue between researchers from both countries. The platform have regular calls for funding for teachers in Chile and Sweden to develop joint PhD’s and Postdocs courses within the ACCESS Research School (funded by STINT). The call is often launched in connection to the forum.
Contact person at Uppsala University: Fanny Lagerberg.