Collaboration and exchange
As an employee of Uppsala University, you are welcome to participate in and utilise any international network the University is part of. The networks, which provide an opportunity for collaboration and exchange within research, education, administrative work and other support functions, include universities in and outside of Europe:
- Coimbra: About 41 universities throughout Europe
- Enlight: In November 2019 nine rectors for nine European universities signed a Letter of Intent and the universities in February 2020 the consortium has submitted a joint application in the framework of the second European Universities call.
- Euraxess: A European network under the European Commission
- Matariki: Seven universities in Australia, Europe, North America and New Zeeland
- SANORD: Around 30 universities in Scandinavia and southern Africa
- Sasuf: More than 30 universities in Sweden and South Africa
- The Guild: Consists of some of Europe’s most research intensive universities.
- U4Society: Five universities in Belgium (Ghent University), Estonia (University of Tartu), Germany (University of Göttingen),The Netherlands (University of Groningen) and Sweden.
Employees may apply for partial funding from Uppsala University for participating in activities within these networks. Please note that the funding is limited and comes in the form of seed money intended to stimulate new engagement and new activities. This might entail, for instance, travel grants and funding for the planning of workshops, joint applications or courses. There is a specific application form that should be used, and instructions that should be consulted when completing the form. For more information, contact the coordinator of the network in question (see below or under the heading of each network).
Additional information on the networks can be found on every individual network page (use the links in the menu on the left to reach them).
Partnerships with universities in Asia
In addition to these international networks, Uppsala University is also a member of Nordic Centre Fudan and maintains an office in Hanoi, Vietnam since autumn 2014.
Partnership with Collège de France
Uppsala University has a partnership with Collège de France, which means that teachers and researchers at Uppsala University may give guest lectures at Collège de France and vice versa.