Alumni Relations at Uppsala University
Over 33,000 alumni in more than 150 countries around the world have chosen to join the Uppsala University Alumni Network. The members of this global network are former students having completed at least five credits at the University or are staff members at Uppsala University. Honorary doctors and visiting research fellows can also become members of the network.
Don’t forget that staff at Uppsala University are also welcome to join the Alumni Network.
The alumni team at the Development Office manages and coordinates the Alumni Network. The team’s main role is to support the parts of the organisation of greatest relevance to the alumni, i.e., departments, faculties and alumni associations.
We support alumni associations in the following ways:
- Guidance – We can provide assistance in getting started with alumni activities within your programme, department, etc.
- Contacts – We can help you to get in touch with alumni, for example when you are looking for mentors or visiting lecturers.
- Member Register – Add the association’s register of members to the Alumni Network and receive automatic address updates, e-mailing capability, etc.
- Calendar – We publish alumni events on our Events page
- Advertising – We provide advice about how to advertise events (e.g., reunions).
- Information material – We can provide some information material such as leaflets and magazines.
- Tool kits – We have produced templates and useful tips on how to organise an alumni event.
- Graduation kit – We have a kit that you can borrow to assist you in making the Alumni Network visible at graduation ceremonies and increase student awareness about the network before they leave the University.
- Templates and draft texts – We supply templates and draft texts for invitations and speeches that you can download and customise.
Are you organising a graduation ceremony?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org well in advance of the ceremony and we can provide you with material, draft speeches and texts about the alumni network.
Meet our alumni
Are you travelling for work? In many countries, there are alumni who are eager to meet researchers and staff from Uppsala. All formats are welcome, anything from a coffee to a lecture. Contact us at the Development Office and we will help you with contacts.
Prioritised categories of alumni associations and alumni association guidelines
Read about the most important alumni association categories for Uppsala University and the procedures for national and international chapters within the Uppsala University Alumni Network.
The alumni team