Funding for development projects
Funding for development projects 2022
Project grants for educational development – PUMA
For the purpose of further supporting educational development at Uppsala University, the vice chancellor is calling for applications for project grants for the financial year 2023 (may be used from autumn 2022). The grant funding available amounts to SEK 3 000 000.
According to Uppsala University's goals and strategies, education should be renewed and developed continuously to balance available subject competence, development of knowledge, student demand and society's needs.
Project funding is announced to support renewal of education and development work, in line with the visions in “Teaching and Learning at Uppsala University”. The project work should be aimed at creating education whose content and form is characterized by innovative thinking and preferably crosses traditional subject boundaries. The results should be sustainable in the long run and equip students to proactively work in a rapidly changing and global society that demands ethical, digital and intercultural competence. The funds should be seen as an opportunity to experiment, move outside the framework, and gather inspiration from unexpected sources.
The funding (SEK 3 000 000) is divided into five project areas;
Education renewal and general pedagogic development projects, Active student participation (ASP), Digitized education and E-learning, Sustainable development, Internationalization and intercultural communication.
- The funding of Education renewal and general pedagogic development should support projects of general development in a course, a department or in an education program.
- Funding of Active student participation is meant to stimulate student’s participation in all different parts of the teaching and learning – development and planning, implementation, examination and assessment. In this case students need to be directly involved in the project.
- For Digitized education and E-learning the funding is intended for projects aiming to develop teaching and learning environments where digital resources and tools are integrated as support for the student’s learning.
- Projects addressing Sustainable development are meant to deal with complex issues of sustainability in different educations, including promotion of the students’ ability to act and development of their democratic and critical approach.
- Finally funds for Internationalization and intercultural communication refer to projects where the teaching and learning activities are designed to develop international and intercultural perspectives and skills, in particular.
Several projects may be awarded, with a maximum grant of SEK 250 000 to each project. If the project is designed for interdisciplinary development work involving departments from more than one disciplinary domain up to SEK 400 000 can be granted.
The unit for Academic Teaching and Learning will administrate the announcement, selection and follow-up of the funding.
The projects must be co-funded (overhead costs) by the relevant department(s), but it is not a hindrance for grants to be subsumed in a larger developmental project regarding teaching with other sources of funding. In such cases, however, this must be stated in the application.
The application deadline is the 24th of March, 2022.
As a support during the project a place in the annual course in project direction will be made available to those awarded grants for educational development. More information about the course here: Project course. (The project course can be found at the Swedish website under the name Projektkurs).
General questions about the call and the project grants can be directed via e-mail or telephone to Jöran Rehn, Joran.Rehn@uu.se, phone 070-452 55 64, Division for Quality Enhancement (Academic Teaching and Learning).
Direct questions on projects in Educational renewal and pedagogic development to
Jöran Rehn (Joran.Rehn@uu.se, phone 070-452 55 64).
Direct questions on projects in Active student participation to
Lovisa Håkansson (Lovisa.Hakansson@uu.se, phone 072-999 9067).
Direct questions on projects in sustainable development to
Ulrike Schnaas, Ulrike.Schnaas@uu.se, phone 070–425 0091).
Direct questions on projects in internationalization and intercultural communication to
Geir Gunnlaugsson, (Geir.Gunnlaugsson@uu.se, phone 070–425 0072).
Direct questions on projects in Digitized education/E-learning to
Mats Cullhed (Mats.Cullhed@uu.se, phone 070-167 9022).