The Independent Pedagogical Award
The Independent Pedagogical Award 2019
The Independent Pedagogical Award is dedicated to bringing out pedagogical achievements in a prioritized field that is subjected to annual choice and announcement. In 2019, the prioritized field is ”Educational contributions for gender equality and equal opportunities”.
The nomination should provide a clear and specific description of how the nominee has contributed to working for and with gender equality and equal opportunities in teaching and learning, keeping in mind the purpose of improving the quality of teaching and learning/education, including promotion of student´s awareness and critical thinking.
In addition to the regular nomination criteria provided, the following criteria will apply to this year’s theme, considering the fact that the nominee’s developmental work and/or teaching/ supervision activities should, for example, include the following:
- developing learning environments and teaching materials in the field of subject concerned, taking into consideration promotion of gender equality, equal opportunities, as well as effective inclusion of all students
- enabling appropriate use of gender awareness and equal opportunities awareness in an educational setting related to teaching/learning activities and assessment tasks
- reviewing, modifying and clarifying written materials and pictures, using a gender-related and norm-critical perspective, with considerations taken to the learning outcomes and particular prerequisites for the subject taught
- using a perspective based on gender equality, as well as showing respect for and encouraging students and colleagues to improve themselves and use their abilities best
- contributing to breaking out of recurrent gender patterns in making educational choices
- engaging in promoting different levels of awareness related to oneself, colleagues and students – and of abilities to counteract – concerning matters of prejudice and structural discrimination because of sex, gender identity or gender expression, ethnicity, religion or other belief, functional variation, sexual orientation or age.