The Independent Pedagogical Award
The Independent Pedagogical Award 2020
The Independent Pedagogical Award is dedicated to bringing out pedagogical achievements in a prioritized field that is subjected to annual choice and announcement. In 2020, the prioritized field is ”Teacher feedback to students”.
The nomination should provide a clear and specific description of how the nominee has contributed to working for teacher feedback to students in teaching and learning, keeping in mind the purpose of improving the quality of teaching and learning/education, including promotion of student´s awareness and critical thinking.
In addition to the regular criteria for nomination, the theme for the year is that the nominee’s development work, teaching or supervision should include one or more of the following accomplishments:
- developed or intentionally used feedback to stimulate students for deeper learning and progression
- developed and utilized methods for feedback with groups of students
- developed or utilized new approaches for feedback, e.g. new media and digital tools
- introduced and involved the students in peer review in a way that enhances students' awareness of their own learning and progression
- initiated and implemented initiatives that strengthened collegial awareness and the importance of feedback
- established or applied practices for collegial feedback