PageHeaderPortlet PageHeaderPortlet

TextPortlet TextPortlet

Frequently Asked Questions about Our Courses

At the Division for Quality Enhancement, Academic Teaching and Learning, we frequently receive questions about the registration procedure, the courses provided by us, amongst other things.

In the following, you will find the most frequent questions and answers dealt with at the Division.

  1. How to register?
    For acquisition of information about how to register, see Medarbetarportal— Teaching—Conferences, courses and seminars—Courses—Information about registration.
  2. Why display `Not completed´ in the student view of the Student Portal when the participant is finished with the whole course?
    In terms of completion, the function Completed/Not Completed is not valid for in-house training courses provided in the Student Portal. See the header Progression or Completed/Not Completed in the Student Portal for an in-house training course previously taken by you. If the box for Course Completion Certificate is ticked, you are completely finished with the course.
  3. Which courses should be subjected to application approval from the head of department/director of studies?
    In the case of the Academic Teacher Training Course, you need an approval of your course participation from the head of department or the director of studies. When you apply, the system will automatically send an e-mail to those concerned at the department (the head of department/the director of studies) asking for an approval or reject-tion of your application. Please note that the application system runs automatically, but it is still your own responsibility to make sure that the approval is given before the last date for application.
  4. How do I get my course credits?
    Information about the extent of our courses is usually provided in terms of how many work weeks on a full-time basis the courses are run. When completely finished with the course, a certificate is issued to the participant making this fact clear. The University Management at Uppsala University has stipulated that each Faculty is responsible for making their own decision as to whether course credits are to be given to the participant or reduction of the participant´s working hours offered instead. In some cases, these issues are delegated to the departments to allow them to make their own decisions. Our recommendation is to regard one work week on a full-time basis as equal to 1.5 higher education credits (i.e., 1 credit, given the former credit system in Swedish higher education).
  5. When should I apply for a course at the latest?
    The last date for course application varies. The teacher and supervisor training courses given in Swedish and English should be applied for no later than 15th April or 15th October. The last dates for application to the other courses are usually 15th May or 15th November. Please keep track of any other course concerned since the last date for application may vary. Medarbetarportalen—Teaching—Conferences, courses and seminars—Courses information provided about the last dates for application.
  6. How do I receive word about your courses?
    In January and August, using e-mail, we provide the directors of studies and the heads of department with information about our courses. For more information,  please see Medarbetarportalen—Teaching—Conferences, courses and seminar—Courses
    If you would like to get hold of the dates for a particular course, see Medarbetar-portalen—Teaching—Conferences, courses and seminars—Courses—Calendar
  7. Who should I get in touch with to finish a course taken before spring 2013?
    Contact those concerned in terms of contact person and provider of course information in Medarbetarportalen. You can also use our department address
  8. Who should I get in touch with, not being finished with a course taken in spring 2013?
    See Internal Training in the Student Portal and contact the course director or the course administrator.