The responsibilities of the Chief Security Officer
Coordination, support and advisory regarding
- Technical security measures; perimeter and shell protection, permit controls, alarms and alerts
- Systematic fire prevention and protection
- Crisis management
- Risk management
- Property insurance
- Authority contacts within the security areas
- Personnel training with a security focus
- Information security
The overall security organization
The university organization regarding security is structured as follows:
- The Vice-Chancellor has the comprehensive responsibility for the security at Uppsala university.
- The Chief Security Officer coordinates the security work at the university, and acts as support and advisory to all heads of departments.
- At each department the head of department is responsible for the security.
- The campus management supports the heads of departments and handles coordination of the security work within the campus area.
- All staff needs to actively work for improved security and notify their superior(s) of any shortcomings.