Aims and ambitions of the environmental management
Uppsala University’s overarching environmental objectives express the aims and ambitions of its environmental management, and constitute the University’s environmental policy.
The starting point for the University’s overall environmental objectives is the document Goals and Strategies for Uppsala University (UFV 2013/110). This states that the University’s function is to obtain and pass on knowledge to benefit humankind and make the world a better place. On this basis, Uppsala University must continuously improve its environmental management by:
- working systematically to prevent and reduce the harmful environmental effects of its activities
- working systematically to support and boost the favourable environmental effects of its activities
- raising environmental awareness among students and employees
- encourage students and employees to take concrete action that contributes to joint environmental efforts
- including environmental considerations in all decisions
- supplying information about environmental management to, and working with, the community at large to give and gain inspiration and new ideas.