Before you report any faults on your telephone and/or telephony services, we need information about the fault here at Teleservice. We want you to find out as much background information as possible and send us a description of the problem. Depending on the technology used for the telephony service and/or the telephony service itself, we can assist with various kinds of information as stated below. Fault reports should be sent to Teleservice.
Note that if any faults are reported which we book an external service partner to deal with and the fault turns out to be caused by a device fault or user error, costs may be charged.
Landline telephony services (excluding IP telephony services)
If there is no dial tone, the line is "crackly" or you experience dropouts during calls, we would like you to do the following before reporting the fault:
- Check that the telephone cable is unbroken and connected properly to both the telephone and the wall socket.
- Try using another, identical telephone and connect it to "your" wall socket.
- To check the device, try connecting "your" telephone to another, working socket.
If none of the actions above resolves your problem, please get in touch with us. In your fault report, please state the following:
- Extension number
- Telephone model
- Any peripheral equipment (caller display, extra keypad, etc.)
- Address, including room number
- Contact person, including telephone number (other than the extension number)
- A detailed description of the problem. If other people are also affected, describe the extent.
IP telephony services
To report a fault on IP telephony, please contact the relevant campus management team or equivalent unit in the first instance. If you are not sure who you should consult, please contact Teleservice for information.
Mobile telephone services including data packages, dual SIMs and mobile broadband
Consult Teleservice when you experience problems with mobile services and SIM cards. However, Teleservice is unable to deal with some issues:
- We do not deal with faulty devices.
- We do not provide assistance with applications or personal settings on your mobile phone. For these, please see the website and documentation of the relevant manufacturer.
- We do not provide assistance with configuration of a mail client or your mobile phone. For this, please see the pages relating to email.