Skype for business
Skype for business has the following functionality:
- Text chat
- Voice calls
- Video calls
- Multiparty calls (chat, voice, video)
- Screen sharing
Your local IT support will provide access to the actual software and help with any equipment you might need, such as a headset.
Follow the links below for quick-start guides in PDF-form:
- Audio setup and making calls
- Contacts, presence and instant messaging
- Sharing and collaboration
Brief information to get you started.
Persistent chat rooms is not available for Mac, iOS and Android.
- Search for forename/first namn surname.
- To find users at other universities write their email address. However, please note that all universities do not use Skype for business!
- You can order a chat room by contacting email@example.com.
- Specify desired name for the chat room and the amount of time it should exist.
- Skype4b is available for use with mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, etc).
- The free app is available for download from AppStore/Google Play. When logging in (login address) use your User identity, followed by ”@sip.uu.se” and your A password.
- Under advanced/username you fill out USER\useridentity (USER\@aneboh .
- Make sure you download Skype for Business and not the standard Skype client.