Skype for business
Skype for business will be depreciated during 2020. Microsoft have announced that the service will be ended.
You are advised to start using Zoom instead. You find information about Zoom here in the menu to the left
Skype for business has the following functionality:
- Text chat
- Voice calls
- Video calls
- Multiparty calls (chat, voice, video)
- Screen sharing
Follow the links below for quick-start guides in PDF-form:
- Audio setup and making calls
- Contacts, presence and instant messaging
- Sharing and collaboration
Brief information to get you started.
Persistent chat rooms is not available for Mac, iOS and Android.
- Search for forename/first namn surname.
- To find users at other universities write their email address. However, please note that all universities do not use Skype for business!
- You can order a chat room by contacting email@example.com.
- Specify desired name for the chat room and the amount of time it should exist.
- Skype4b is available for use with mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, etc).
- The free app is available for download from AppStore/Google Play. When logging in (login address) use your User identity, followed by ”@sip.uu.se” and your A password.
- Under advanced/username you fill out USER\useridentity (USER\@aneboh .
- Make sure you download Skype for Business and not the standard Skype client.
If you have questions, please ask IT-servicedesk by phone 4400 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org