Start using eduPrint
Note! eduPrint only works if your computer or mobile device is connected to Uppsala University’s wired network or eduroam, not on UpUnet-S or UU-guest.
1. First install the eduPrint printer on your computer
If you received your computer from your department, the eduPrint printer should already be installed by your local IT-support. If not, please ask them to do it for you.
If you have a computer that is not managed or updated by your local IT-support, you need to install the eduPrint printer yourself. Click on the link below for your computers operating system to get the installation instructions.
2. Print a document
Press Print on the document you want to print, and choose one of the printers below, based on what printer is installed on your computer.
• eduPrint-UU – most employees and students use this printer when printing from their computer
• Public-UU – this printer is used for computers that have the printing client (PCClient) installed, mainly public computers in the libraries, but also employees and students who have it installed on their computer
• uu-mob-colour, uu-mob-black – these printers can be used from your phone or tablet, but also from your computer. You must be connected to eduroam to use these printers.
3. Pick up the printed document at the printer
The first time you log in on an eduPrint printer you need to register your campus card on the printer.
- Wake the printer by touching the screen (if the screen is black)
- Put the card against the card reader (the box to the right/behind the screen)
- Enter your username and your password A for your University account and then tap Associate.
The card is now registered and from now on you can log in to the printer by putting your card against the card reader (after touching the screen if the printer is in sleep mode). If you didn’t bring your card for some reason, you can log in to the printer with your username and password A.
Either choose Print all/Skriv ut alla to print all waiting documents or Print release/Släpp utskriftsjobb and choose the documents you want to print.
You can mark one or multiple waiting print jobs before pressing Print. To the right of every print job you will see how much you will be charged for your print or if you are an employee, how much your department will be charged.
Log out by tapping the 'Log out' button or the moon icon in the upper right corner. You will be automatically logged out after 1 minute, but always log out especially if somebody is waiting to use the printer.
Documents that have not been printed are deleted after 3 days.
Who can show me how eduPrint works and help me if I experience problems?
Contact your local IT-support for on-site help. The IT Servicedesk can also answer to questions about eduPrint and help guide you with the installation of the client, 018 – 471 4400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.