Leave of Absence/Terminated Employment
Leave of Absence
If you are taking temporary leave from your employment at Uppsala University, a supervisor needs to decide whether you should hand in your IT equipment to the university. Either way, remember to back up your data before deleting any information. Contact our local IT support group for assistance. After the computer is restored to its basic configuration, your department or equivalent should be able to reuse it for other employees.
When your employment with the University terminates, your IT equipment should be returned to your local IT support. After the computer is restored to its basic configuration, your department or equivalent can evaluate the computer for its reusability/second hand value and choose to sell or pass the computer on to another employee.
NOTE: If you work in the University Administration, the equipment should be returned to Client Support, 1st Floor, Room 01206.
What needs to be returned:
- Computers including power cables
- Mobile telephones including chargers (don’t forget to delete your AppleID/Google account – see deletion instructions below!)
- iPads, broken mobile telephones, USB drives and anything else that may contain data that needs to be erased.
How do I delete my mobile phone data and settings?
- iPhone: Sign out of iCloud, AppStore, and iTunes. Then go to: Settings > General > Reset > Delete all content and settings.
- Android: (Please note that this may differ slightly depending on the model): Settings > Backup and reset > Factory data reset
Please note! Your mobile subscription must be terminated. Your manager does this by emailing IT Support.
If you have any questions, please contact IT Support.