Prior to VR's needs inventory of research infrastructure
It is now time to begin Uppsala University's internal inventory of needs for research infrastructure of national interest, for the Swedish Research Council's (VR) call for grants for research infrastructure of national interest in 2025.
The needs for research infrastructure identified in the inventory will first be prioritised at each Disciplinary Domain followed by a university-wide prioritisation. The Vice Chancellor makes the final decision about the priority list of needs from Uppsala University.
Only needs that have been received in the needs inventory and that have been prioritised by the Swedish Research Council can be considered in the next call for grants for research infrastructure of national interest.
As the Swedish Research Council has not yet published any information about the upcoming needs inventory, we do not know what needs may be relevant. The last needs inventory included this category of need:
- Research questions where there is a lack of both infrastructure and existing technology for an existing infrastructure that can be judged to be of national interest in itself or in collaboration with infrastructure at other universities / authorities.
- New infrastructure or the need to develop existing resources within an infrastructure of national interest.
- Major upgrades of existing research infrastructures.
- New international research Infrastructure.
- Swedish participation in existing international organizations.
- March 30 to April 24
UU researchers submit their needs for national research infrastructure via a survey.
- June 5
Each Disciplinary Domain prioritises incoming needs.
- June 13 to August 6
Supplementary questions are sent to the researchers whose need proposals have been marked as strong or moderately strong by the Disciplinary Domains.
- August 23
Each Disciplinary Domain assesses the answers to the supplementary questions and decides whether there is interdisciplinary and / or multidisciplinary interest.
- September 1
The Board for Research Infrastructure makes a universitywide priority and submits the proposal for decision to the Vice Chancellor.
- Middle of September
The Vice-Chancellor makes the final decision on Uppsala University´s prioritisation of needs of research infrastructure of national interest.
Heads of department and researchers are informed about Uppsala University's prioritisation.
- Preliminary September-October
The Swedish Research Council's needs inventory is open in Prisma.
Support in the process
Support in the needs inventory at each Disciplinary Domain:
The information will be updated as soon as the Swedish Research Council publish information.