Vice-Chancellor’s travel grant
Vice-Chancellor’s travel grant from the Wallenberg Foundation
The Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation puts the grant at the Vice-Chancellor’s disposal to be distributed as a travel grant. The grant is for travel that most benefits a personal scholarly exchange and is of use to Swedish research.
- the awarded grant is to cover a part of travel expenses
- the grant is awarded primarily to young researchers (within 5 years after defence of the thesis)
- funding is apportioned per disciplinary domain
- the applicant must be associated with Uppsala University
- the grant covers only travel expenses. This means the department must be prepared to co-finance the indirect costs.
- grants that have not been used in accordance with what is stated in the application and granted share to be refunded.
Two application periods: deadline of 15 April for the spring semester and 15 October for the autumn semester. Decisions regarding any grant are provided approximately one month after the end of the application period.
For the announcement period with a 15 October 2019 deadline, you can primarily apply for grants for trips that take place during the April–September 2020 period.
For the announcement period with a 15 April 2020 deadline, you can primarily apply grants for trips that take place during the October 2020–March 2021 period.
Please note that you must fill in all the information in one go. (You cannot save information that has been filled in and continue with the application at a later time.)
Before submitting, you can preview your application, and a copy of the submitted application will then be sent to the email address that you have provided.
Margaretha Andersson, Head of division at Research Support Division