Research training programmes in Medicine and Pharmacy
Research training is the highest level of education in the public education system in Sweden.
Research training must be of such high quality and structure that graduate doctors and licentiates are well prepared and qualified for employment at the best universities in Sweden and internationally, in business, with the government and in society in general. The education should be conducted in an attractive and dynamic environment characterised by the highest quality, critical thinking, diversity, equality, openness and democratic values.
The overall goal for research training is for the newly graduated doctors or licentiates to have excellent conditions for a successful professional life either within or outside academia.
This means having:
- Excellent expertise in an area of research
- The ability to think independently and critically
- Skills in scientific methods and working methods
- The ability to identify engaging and research-worthy issues
- The pedagogical skills and proficiency in expressing themselves well in speech and writing
- The ability to operate in an international context
- An excellent ability to understand and manage issues of research ethics
Guidelines for third-cycle (doctoral) education (MEDFARM 2020/250)