Contact and advice for good research practice
Confidants (‘trusted persons’) for good research practice at Uppsala University – who can assist with support regarding good research practice and ethical review for department officials and researchers:
- Medicine and Pharmacy: Svante Winberg firstname.lastname@example.org, Gunilla Westermark email@example.com och Sten Rubertsson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Humanities and Social Sciences: Andreas Önver Cetrez email@example.com och Kristine Höglund firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sciences and Technology: Iordanis Kavathatzopoulos email@example.com och Reihaneh Dehghani firstname.lastname@example.org
Units that can help you with questions about research ethics.
- For questions about research ethics rules and guidelines, contact Codex.
- For questions about personal data processing, email the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
- For legal support, contact the Legal Affairs Division.
- For lectures or classes in research ethics, contact Centre for research ethics & bioethics.
- For assistance with ethical issues with larger organizational funding proposals from Uppsala University (as regarding national infrastructures or international collaborations), contact Anne-Sophie Fröjmark, at the research support division.
- For strategic issues relating to good research practice, contact the Advisor to the Vice-Chancellor Stefan Eriksson.
- For ethical and legal issues in biobanking, contact Biobank Sweden.
- Questions on handling research data can be addressed to Uppsala University's Data Office
The Department for peace and conflict research provides a good example of how to work with ethical issues surrounding students’ research work, see this page on Students’ research ethics.