Checklist for doctoral students
Time plan: Request a time plan for the production of your thesis at last 14 weeks before your defense.
Information session: When you request a time plan, you will get an invitation to the information session that we recommend that you attend.
- Make sure to book proofreading in time so that all the material is ready when it is time to send it to Thesis Production.
- Find out which series your thesis will be part of.
- Install and use the thesis template. We support the template for Word 2007, 2010 and 2013 for Windows and Word 2011 and 2016 for Mac.
- Contact the journals/publishers where your articles are published to get permission to include them in your thesis, and to get print optimized PDF files.
- Register your thesis/papers and your thesis summary in DiVA. Quick reference guides: https://mp.uu.se/c/perm/link?p=1367558
- It is important that you follow the time plan or we can not guarantee delivery on time.
- Make sure that your material is complete, proofread, and corrected.
- Send in your completed order form. It is possible to photograph / scan.
- Upload your complete thesis (including papers) via MyFiles.
- Within 1-2 days, you will recieve a digital proof. You now have the opportunity to do your final changes if needed.
- Your thesis will be completed with the final corrections integrated.
Please note! This is the final version of your thesis. You have no opportunities to make new corrections. If new errors are detected, these must be published in a separate errata list.
- The approved thesis will be sent for printing. Within 2−3 working days, you need to visit Thesis Production to approve the printed proof. This is to detect any eventual printer’s errors.
- After you have approved the printed proof your thesis will be printed.
- The printed edition of your thesis will be delivered to one address in Uppsala as agreed, usually between 12.00−16.00.
- Bring 10 copies of your thesis to Postal Services (Post och Leverans), at Carolina Rediviva’s south entrance: https://mp.uu.se/c/perm/link?p=1349304. In connection with this:
- The summary of your thesis together with abstract and information about the public defence will be published in DiVA and on the University website. (Comprehensive theses)
- The abstract, information about the public defence, and if wanted your full text will be published in DiVA and on the University website. (Monograph theses)