Working environment and occupational health
The working environment should be designed to create conditions for job satisfaction, development opportunities and security for both employees and students. This applies to the physical, organizational and social environment.
Organization and responsibility
- The Vice-Chancellor has, as the head of the University, overall responsibility for the working environment at Uppsala University.
- Heads of departments/equivalent are responsible for the working environment at departments/equivalent in accordance with their assignment as heads of department.
- Directors are responsible for the working environment at research centers in accordance with their assignment as directors.
- All employees are responsible for participating in the work environment policy work and for indicating shortcomings to their managers.
- The employees are represented by safety representatives who are responsible for keeping track of issues related to the working environment.
There are two units that provide advice and support on working environment issues:
- The Unit for environment and safety at the Buildings Division
- The Unit for HR support at the Human Resources Division