Staff training outside Europe
The Erasmus programme outside Europe
Erasmus+ is the European Union’s new programme for education, training, youth and sport. It runs from January 2014 through the academic year of 2020/21. Within Erasmus+ there is a part called Erasmus+ Mobility. This allows for students and staff at Uppsala University to go on an exchange to a small number of universities outside Europe.
The International Office applies for new grants each year, so the list of Erasmus+ partner universities outside Europe may change. The next time the list will be updated will be the spring/summer of 2018.
At the moment it is possible to go on staff training to the following universities.
- Queen’s University in Canada (2 scholarships: 14 days+ 2 travel days)
- Catholic University of El Salvador in El Salvador (1 scholarship 14 days + 2 travel days)
- Royal University of Phnom Penh in Cambodia (2 scholarships: 14 days+ 2 travel days)
- National University of Laos in Laos (1 scholarship 14 days + 2 travel days)
- KIMEP University in Kazakhstan (2 scholarships: 14 days+ 2 travel days)
- Ilia State University in Georgia (1 scholarship 14 days + 2 travel days)
- American University of Beirut in Lebanon (1 scholarship 14 days + 2 travel days)
- Université de Tunis and Tunis El Manar University in Tunisia(2 scholarships: 14 days+ 2 travel days)
- National University of Science and Technology in Zimbabwe (2 scholarships: 14 days+ 2 travel days)
- Russian State University for the Humanities in Russia (2 scholarships: 14 days+ 2 travel days)
- Saint Petersburg State University in Russia (2 scholarships: 14 days+ 2 travel days)
- Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv in the Ukraine (1 scholarship 14 days + 2 travel days)
- University of Belgrade in Serbia (2 scholarships: 12 days+ 2 travel days)
The exchange must take place by June 30 2019. The grant will be transferred to your department after the completion of your staff training.
The grant amount is 160 EUR/day. The grant is to be used towards accommodation and per diem.
Apart from that, there is a travel grant as below:
- Canada: 820 EUR
- El Salvador: 1100 EUR
- Cambodia: 1100 EUR
- Laos: 1100 EUR
- Kazakhstan: 820 EUR
- Georgia: 360 EUR
- Lebanon: 530 EUR
- Tunisia: 360 EUR
- Zimbabwe: 1100 EUR
- Russia: 275 EUR
- The Ukraine: 275 EUR
- Serbia: 275 EUR
Contact Emma Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Employees at Uppsala University may receive the grant to improve their skills and develop their work by going to a university outside Europe to do ”job shadowing”, working next to colleagues that have similar work tasks. PhD students may also go on staff training, if the activity is connected to the PhD student´s possible future career or current work at Uppsala University. The staff training should be full time for two weeks (excluding return trip).
Application form – To be filled in, signed, scanned and added to the application.
How do you do it?
- Have a look at the websites of the universities and try to locate a department that corresponds to your own, or activities/systems/routines that may be interesting and useful for you to take part of within the framework of your employment.
- Talk to your boss/head of department/manager about it.
- Apply for funding through the application form on this website. Submit the application during one of the application periods: 22/9-22/10 och 15/3-15/4. Make sure to apply on time. Applications may only be approved if they are submitted before the start of the exchange. The application is done electronically via Moveon and the link to the application will be published here during each application period. This application routine is under construction during the autumn of 2017, which is why we also accept applications sent to email@example.com.
- The application will be reviewed by the International Office and the host university.
- If your application is approved, you will have to sign a Staff Mobility Agreement (together with the host university) and a Grant Agreement.
- You complete the staff training at the host university. Make sure to get the “Confirmation Form” signed while you are there.
- Within one month of your return, you should do your expense report in Primula to your department so that you can receive reimbursement for your expenses. Shortly after your return you will receive an automatic e-mail with a link to the travel report ”Erasmus Participant Report”, that you should submit.
- Send the "Confirmation Form" to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know who the finance administrator at your department is. We will then contact him/her and start processing the transfer of the grant to the department.
Since the staff training takes place within the framework of your employment, you will be insured by Kammarkollegiets tjänstereseförsäkring during the entire trip.