Uppsala University’s wellness initiatives
Hittaut 2019 - Uppsala’s largest wellness project
Hittaut is Uppsala’s largest wellness project (2500 registred users in 2018) where you and your colleagues get exercise as you find new places around Uppsala and strengthening the team spirit at your workplace. We are placing over 100 checkpoints at beautiful and interesting sites around Uppsala and April 18 the map is delivered with the newspaper Upsala Nya Tidning (UNT), but can also be found in map racks at different locations around Uppsala (see https://www.orientering.se/hittaut/uppsala for details). Your task is to use the map or your GPS device to find these checkpoints. The map is also available as a mobile app. You register the checkpoints by entering a letter code at the website our in the app.
During 2019, UU will participate in hittaut, where all departments/divisions are invited to participate as teams. Your team will be compared to other teams within UU and from other companies/organisations when it comes to;
- The total number of registered checkpoints in the team
The mean number of registrations for the top five of the team
Everyone that registers checkpoints will also participate in the monthly lottery.
The map can be picked up for free at:
· Alewalds store, Östra Ågatan 27
· Alewalds outlet, Gamla torget 3
· Friskis & Svettis, Fyrishov
· Friskis & Svettis, Ultuna
· Friskis & Svettis, Ekeby
· Friskis & Svettis, Väderkvarn
· Fyrishov, Idrottsgatan 2
· Biotopia, Vasagatan 4
· OK Linnés club house, Tallbacksvägen 68
· Swedish Agricultural University (SLU) on the adresses: Almas allé 9,
Duhrevägen 8 and Lennart Hjelms väg 9
· Gränby infodesk (Ica Kvantum's kiosk), Gränby Centrum
· UNT store, Stadsteatern, Kungsgatan 47B
· Uppsala kommun, Stationsgatan 12
· Team Sportia, Kumlagatan 6
· Länsförsäkringar, Drottninggatan 3
· Länsförsäkringar, Fyrisborgsgatan 4
Friskör is the University’s employee choir. For more information, contact Erik Åstrand.
Exercise at Campus 1477
At Campus 1477, you can participate in exercise sessions and receive personal training if you wish to start working out.
The Athletic Association of the University Staff (UIK)
UIK, the athletic association of the University staff, is currently dormant as its activities were dismantled in spring 2016. No court or rental agreements have been signed since.
Participant fees in series games or exercise runs are no longer reimbursed.
For questions, please contact Lars Hagborg